![]() |
| Top Three in Live Every moment Aqua challenge |
I've loved all the oil and water photos I've seen around lately, so I decided to join in the fun.
I didn't realise there would be so much interest in them or I would have taken a photo of my set up. But I set up a table outside, the light in our house is pretty poor and I heard that you need good light for this, plus I had my son helping and I had a vision of water, oil and food colouring going all over my carpet.
I used a large glass bowl that I balanced on two glass jars, this is to let the light in under but later I took them out, that's when I got the sun pattern. I tried different paper and even a table cloth under the bowl for different colours and patterns.
I used cold water and baby oil but try out different oils. I actually poured it in straight from the bottle and then used a skewer to stir. I also added some food colouring, after a while.
My later ones ended up quite bubbly because my stirrer assistant was quite energetic.
I used my extension tube together with my 50mm 1.8 to get macro shots.
In editing I adjusted the colour saturation in some of them, contrast, sharpening and I added textures on top of some.
![]() |
| My 2econd Skin Aged Canvas texture no.8 and Isabelle Lafrance Cool Retro Overlay applied |
![]() |
| Shadow House Creations Scratched Stock and Heavenly Vintage textures applied |
![]() |
| My 2econd Skin Baby Blue and Shadow House Creations Scratched Stock textures applied |
Here are some other blogs that I used as a reference, Karli's here and Michelle's here. Go and check out their set up and oil and water creations.
Linking up with Watery Wednesday Linky











22 comments:
um, wow!! I love these! Beautiful colors, wonderful designs, (gasp) sunflare! Great job, Sara!!
Thanks for the shout-out!
Michelle
These are great. Love the colours, thanks for explaining how you got your shots. Took a lot of setting up I bet. I'm sure your sone had lots of fun though. Great post thanks for sharing.
Oh really like this set of oil and water...beautiful colors and terrific macro shots..my fav is the last one.
I really need to try this out - they turned out so cool.
Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing some tips in your post. I have GOT to try this now!
These are GORGEOUS! LOVE LOVE LOVE the aqua colors! And what a great variety...they're beautiful! :-) Thanks so much for dropping me a note so I could come peek!
These are so awesome! Definitely bookmarking this post!
Absolutely great shots! Very creative and I love the color of them!
WOWZERS! These are AMAZING! I am going to have to try this!!!
Such fun shots! Thanks for taking the time to explain your set-up. Will definitely give this a try one of these days! =)
these are so cool and so awesome! beautiful shots! i loved all the different colors and textures you applied! so so cool!!
These turned out great!!
These are sooo Gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing and all the information on how to do it. I'll try this soon.
WOW. I love these! The 6th one in is my favorite for sure. Such deep color! :) I've got to try this.... You should be linking up with waterywednesday.blogspot.com :)
Thank you for letting us know how you made these incredible images- I must go try it out right now!
Oh those first few are GORGEOUS!!
Thanks for walking us through the steps. I keep saying I am going to do this, but I keep putting it off. Maybe, this is just the inspiration I need. I am a little hesitant since I don't have an extension tube or a Macro lens.
Awesome job!!!!
These are awesome. Thanks so much for sharing how you did it....I must try it! I think they would make nice textures too. The fourth is my favorite. It just has so much depth.
Calling by to visit you as another Watery Wednesday entrant, what stunning photos, it must have been fun experimenting.
Thankyou for calling by News From Italy and taking the time to comment. I hope you will be calling by again. I am delighted to have found your blog and will be your newset follower.
Wow!!!
These are amazing Sara.
Love every one of them!
What beautiful designs...love them all! Very cool...thanks for the info too on your set-up!
Beautiful!!!!!!!
Now that is a new idea, for me! I love the shots you have posted, some of them really capture my imagination! I am going to have to try this out, myself!!
Post a Comment