Sunday, 29 May 2011

Chasing Rainbows??

My first ever post! So why Chasing Rainbows? Look up the meaning of the idiom chasing rainbows you'll probably find an array of explanations about trying to achieve something not possible or practical. Songs are written lamenting "Why can't I stop chasing rainbows?". I believe this is such a negative way of looking at what I think is such a romantic expression. Why wouldn't you want to chase rainbows, I think they're beautiful, and sure you may not "catch" them but you get to enjoy their splendor while you try.
I think of photography in a similar way. Life is so beautiful, and photography is one way of capturing a moment in time, or memory, to keep and treasure and to share with others. I've become completely obsessed with photography, learning how to use my camera and improving my skill, so that I can best capture those precious moments in our life.
Rainbows have also featured in important moments in our life. A beautiful rainbow appeared while we were having our wedding photos taken on a beach 10 years ago.  Also, our favorite holiday place is Rainbow Beach, where we go to relax and enjoy family time together.
So Chasing Rainbows to me means endeavoring to capture treasured moments with my camera.

No comments: